There is a fuss all over the technological circle that Google Voice Search will soon change the dimension of Search Engine. Digital Marketing fanatics are digging every information out about voice search as it is the new trend of internet service which is mostly accepted by the teens and adults. While dealing with the Voice Search option, the first thing that pop-up in the mind is what kind of change it is about to bring in the search engines. As there is a lot much information about the ‘voice search’ and its effect on SEO, here we are trying to analyze what exactly the Voice Search does which can make a real difference in Search Engine.
The first question that comes to mind while observing the voice search issue is,
- How many voice searches are made per day?
As we researched about the regular search and voice search it comes under observation that Google dominates most of the search. More than 70% searches are made from Google while the other 30% search generally take place from Yahoo, Bing, and Baidu. According to Google representatives, among 70% of voice search, 20% queries are voice search.
Bing reports that 25% of their queries come as Voice Search. Likewise, according to the statistics of Baidu, 10% of their queries are voice search.
Now as the observation is showing a different kind of scenario, anyhow the doubt occurs about hyper glorifying the voice search technology. Is it really going to bring the drastic change in SEO search?
As we were having a minute observation on the Voice Search policy, we actually tried to understand what is the exact difference between a regular keyword search and voice search. So here comes the second question,
- Is Voice Search is different from Keyword Search in Search Box?
According to our observation which is obviously shared with you in this blog that there is no such difference in Voice Search and Keyword Search. As long as the use of word is proper, there is no problem in any of the search. Another important observation is, if you have noticed the way of doing a voice search, you can see that after making a voice query, the content is sent to Voice Recognition APIs in order to be converted into text. It means the Voice Search also ends up becoming a keyword search itself.
Do you still think that your SEO will be negatively affected by the excessive use of Voice Search Option?
Digital Media is evolving every day. As Voice Search is the talk of the town now, it is the fuss that a new wave of optimization is needed for voice search. Now the third question is
- Do we need to start optimizing for Voice Search?
As we previously discussed the trendy Voice Search end up being regular keyword search, we must accept the fact that keywords actually do not differ much from both Voice Search and Texted Keyword Search.
But if we consider the conversational pattern of Voice Search, the scenario can be pretty different as the accent and way of communication while speaking can be bit different. But as far as Google is the concern, it has a strong optimization pattern which is always ready with a proper contextual result to offer the users which are not always blindly driven by the words.
So as long as optimization is concerned, one should always search for the exact keyword to get the result irrespective of Voice Search and typed search.
As the actual existence of Voice Search has got some sort of clarity by now, we have tried to find out how it is used by the consumers. According to Google’s own study, Voice Search is used by both teens and adults. According to the study, more than half of the teen (13-18) and almost 41% adults use voice search on a daily basis. However, if you will observe the picture given below, you can have a clear idea of how the search is actually being taken place. Most of the searches are more about basic locations and navigations which is more like talking to the phone or commanding it to specify the information rather than having a proper search.
As it is mentioned previously how people actually are using voice search, it can be said that the voice search is all about having the instant information instead of having proper research on some crucial topic. It obviously does not mean, this sort of search has no impact but we must understand the difference between an authentic search and a mere command.
We believe Voice Search is one of the greatest trends for upcoming future and Siri, Cortana, Google Now, Amazon Echo etc are providing a very stern presence of Voice Search to the users. But even after the huge development SEO is not dead. Search Engine has its own very independent impact on Digital Marketing and it provides the possible best solution still for the online marketing.